Haiti Maternity/Neonatal Coordinator
HHA is looking for a new Haiti Maternity/Neonatal Coordinator to join our team. Based in Haiti, this is an exciting opportunity for individuals looking for an experience living and working overseas. HHA co-founded one of the leading maternity and neonatal units in northern Haiti that annually cares for over 600 babies in our partner neonatal unit and assists thousands of women with maternal health care. This role will directly impact these lifesaving and life transforming services. Due to the nature of this role it is essential applicants have at least one year of post qualification experience or relevant qualifications working in this field of work (e.g. midwife, nurse, doctor etc.)
Medical Training & Mentorship
This role will include providing training and mentorship to the hospital’s Haitian team, based on needs identified by the Haiti staff and HHA neonatal and maternal health consultants. This will include helping to setup and sustain monthly mortality reviews, team meetings, ward rounds etc. as well as providing hands on care.
This will include:
- Working with the leaders of these services, providing leadership, management support/training
- Supporting HHA in a number of identified service improvements to the maternity and neonatal units
- Supporting improved neonatal and maternity data collection and monitoring and evaluation tools to aid review of service improvements in collaboration with other HHA team members
- Identifying new service improvements with clear SMART objectives and measurable KPIs.
This will include:
- Providing operational and logistical support within the maternity and neonatal services
- HHA is undertaking an exciting and ambitious project to dramatically improve these services with a maternity and neonatal extension. This role will support this vision, helping HHAs senior team with;
- Developing tools and training programmes to aid better care once the new unit is opened (protocols, systems and processes etc.)
- Helping with procurement of new medical equipment for the service
- Aiding HHAs Fundraising team with specific grant bids around the new unit
- Assisting architect and building contractor with a safe phased strategy to service extension and refurbishments
- Supporting HHA and HCBH in their Maternal and Infant Health Community programme that includes:
- Supporting about 40 Traditional Birth Attendants in the community
- Providing community education
- Monitoring pregnant women within the community
- Providing vaccinations for children and women
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.