Haiti Operations Coordinator
HHA is looking for a new Haiti Operations Manager to join our team. Based in Haiti, this is an exciting opportunity for individuals looking for a 1-year experience overseas. Whilst previous experience in logistics or operations would be desirable, this role would suit an individual who’s good at problem solving, practical and not afraid of getting their hands dirty. Whether you’re a new graduate looking to get into international development, or an individual looking for a career break or retirement adventure, we’d love to hear from you.
This role includes working alongside the hospitals logistics team to help ensure the hospital runs efficiently and effectively. Specific areas of work will include:
- Aiding an improved procurement plan for medical materials
- Improving the monitoring, evaluation and accountability of a number of logistic services (including, solar/electrical team, incinerator team, water purification team.)
- Collaborating with HCBHs Head of Logistics, providing support, mentorship and identifying any training needs
- Assisting HCBH with an improved organisational structure and relevant roles and responsibilities for logistics team
Related to the above, this will include:
- Working with relevant teams including the hospitals bio-mechanics and electricians to improve the maintenance of equipment at HCBH, including implementing maintenance plans
- Acting as a liaison between Haiti and international specialists for the repair and maintenance of certain equipment like HCBHs radiology units, the solar system etc.
- Providing hands on support for some practical jobs as needs arise
HHA GENERAL OPERATIONS:
This role will help ensure HHA is operating efficiently and effectively across its different operations in Haiti. This will include providing support with the following;
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Whilst HHA is also recruiting a number of other roles specifically related to our disability and maternal/neonatal services, the Operations Coordinator will aid other programme developments beyond these specific areas
- HHA REPRESENTATION: The Operations Coordinator will help represent HHA at a range of meetings in Haiti, alongside assisting with the management of foreign teams at the hospital in coordination with our Volunteer Coordinator
- SECURITY: This role will work with members of HCBH and the Haiti Manager to monitor the security situation in Haiti and implement appropriate strategies to mitigate risk to staff and team members
- GENERAL: This role will provide hands on support to the Haiti Manager as needs arise.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.