Role Summary: To support the functions of the HR team
Commitment: 3 days per week with a minimum of 6 months commitment (flexible)
Location: Human Appeal Head Office, 1 Cheadle Point, Carrs Road, Cheadle, SK8 2BL. Currently a home-based opportunity.
Who are Human Appeal?
We are a global humanitarian and development organisation. We save lives, alleviate poverty, transform and empower local communities whilst championing humanity, impartiality, neutrality, and independence.
Why does this role matter to Human Appeal?
Volunteering are an integral part of Human Appeal’s success. They are the ones that create real change for those most in need. This is your chance to meet new people, gain new skills and experience and have fun whilst being part of a great cause.
We are looking for a HR Intern to assist the People and Culture department with the updating the HR system and liaising with digital documentation, which will be based, at our UK Headquarters in Cheadle.
- Assisting our People Culture Department with a project to modernise our HR record keeping.
- An exciting opportunity to learn about the HR software we use.
- Communicating with people at Human Appeal to update HR Software
- Producing Reports for different stakeholders in a timely manner using People HR.
- Helping to create Monthly HR newsletter
- Other Ad-hoc tasks.
Skills and Abilities
- Honest, self-motivated and hard working
- Strong motivation and empathy towards the aims and objectives of Human Appeal
- Quick learner
- Ability to use several IT software’s
- Basic analytical abilities
Benefits of volunteering with us
- Experience of volunteering in an international charity
- Great experience for gaining employment
- Experience of operating within the outreach division of a large organisation
- Excellent training opportunities
- Opportunity to develop knowledge and skills within community engagement and outreach
- Offer to provide references after 3 months of volunteering
- Support in developing your CV (should you want it).
- Opportunities to take part in Human Appeal events
Learning & Development
To enable you to take part in this opporunity Human Appeal will provide:
- This is an unpaid position but we will pay for your “out of pocket” expenses in line with Human Appeal’s volunteer expenses policy
- A detailed induction and training, providing all the information and skills needed
- A dedicated member of staff to provide ongoing support and supervision
- A volunteer handbook that outlines all of the policies and procedures you will need to be aware of whilst volunteering
- Free parking should you choose to drive to the office