Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for an exceptional HR Intern to join our People and Culture (HR) team on a voluntary, part-time basis at our Head Office in Cheadle, Greater Manchester, for 3 days per week with all reasonable travel expenses paid. This Internship will specifically focus on supporting our UK HR team.
- Supporting the UK HR team
- Keeping accurate and up-to-date recordds and maintaining confidentiality protocols
- Provide support to our global HR staff's recruitment process
- Coordinate relevant screening and vetting checks to new starters
The Ideal Candidate:
- Student or Graduate in a related field with a demonstrable interest in Human Resources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and comfortable presenting to large groups
- Good organisational, multitasking and time-management skills
- Proven administrative and IT skills, and an ability to maintain accurate records
- Demonstrable passion for the work that Human Appeal does
Benefits of volunteering with us:
- Experience of operating within the HR division of an international charity
- Opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in HR issue handling
- Excellent support as part of a friendly team
- Excellent training opportunities
- Offer to provide references after 3 months of volunteering
Learning and Development:
To enable you to take part in this opportunity Human Appeal will provide:
- A detailed induction to provide you with an overview of Human Appeal
- Training and shadowing providing all the information and skills needed to fulfil the role
- A dedicate member of staff to provide ongoing support and supervision
- A volunteer handbook that outlines all of the policies and procedures you will need to be aware of whilst volunteering
This would be an ideal role for a HR Graduate looking to get a step on the ladder in the competitive field of HR or the Charity Sector.
We are looking to appoint for this role ASAP so for the best chance of success please APPLY TODAY.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.