School Speaker Assistant Coordinator
We are looking for a volunteer School Speaker Assistant Coordinator, who can support the running of our school speakers programme. Our school speakers visit schools around the country to talk to students about humanism as part of a broad and balanced education, about religion and worldviews. We receive extremely positive feedback from teachers on our service.
As demand from schools increases, we need somebody who can help carry out some of the key processes to ensure the smooth running of the service. Some of the key activities of the role include:
- Communicating with school speakers and teachers.
- Matching up school speakers with requests from local schools.
- Logging information about visits.
The work can be carried out remotely and will require approx. two hours per week. Experience in using databases (CRM) is beneficial but not essential as induction and periodic updates will be given.
For more information please view the APPLICATION PACK.
To apply for the role, please email volunteers[at]humanists[dot]uk and let us know:
● Who you are, including a little bit about yourself
● Why you are interested in the role
● What you think you’d bring to the role (e,g. your skills and experiences that would be particularly relevant)
● What you’d like to get out of the role
● Any concerns, or extra support you’d need in the role
We hope the application pack contains all the information you will need to decide whether the role is right for you, however, if you have any questions, you are more than welcome to contact the Director of Understanding Humanism at education[at]humanists[dot]uk for more information.
You can read our Recruitment and Promotion and Equal Opportunities policies online.