Ignite Hubs is a new charitable organisation that is run and led by volunteers. We are looking to pioneer innovative and exciting ways for children and young people to learn.
Our vision is to nurture and enrich young minds to explore, grow and learn. We seek to equip each child or young person with the tools and skills to be successful in school and life.
We aim to:
- Create the best learning environment for children and young people from all backgrounds and abilities.
- Value, support and develop our volunteers and help them realise their potential and aspirations.
- Build a better community and bring people together.
We plan to offer classes, workshops and events to children and young people on a wide variety of subjects such as coding, science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), enterprise, creativity and innovation.
We are based at Peckham Library, London SE15.
We are looking for an experienced L&D Manager for our volunteers. You will design, develop and implement an effective L&D programme for volunteers. You will also curate our ‘Get to Work’ programme for volunteers who are under 25 to help them into employment.
You will work closely with our HR Advisor to feed into an exciting an innovate digital volunteer platform to revolutionise the way volunteers are managed, recruited and developed in an organisation by:
- Enabling volunteers to match their skills and background to roles and projects at Ignite Hubs.
- Understanding their interests and motivations and setting out a learning and development programme to help them achieve their goals and career aspirations.
This is a great opportunity to part of an exciting new organisation. There will be plenty of opportunities to shape and grow the role as well as gain skills in other areas.
- Mostly home-based with occasional site visits
- Fully supported