In Your Corner (@iycboxing) are a boxing-based mental health social enterprise who are looking for a volunteer copywriter to supercharge our digital marketing.
For In Your Corner to grow and achieve our mission, stakeholders including young people; parents/carers; professionals; funders; and potential customers and partners need to be able to find us and hear about the great work we do and the transformative impact it has on young people’s lives.
Through your role driving our digital strategy via written copy, our organisation will be able to reach more young people in need of our services, spread awareness of the issues facing them, and shout proudly about our impact to stakeholders who can support us to achieve sustainable impact.
Our Organisation & The Role:
In Your Corner is an award winning social enterprise that uses non-contact boxing to improve emotional wellbeing in young people. We work with groups of young people with multiple social and psychological needs and flexibly deliver psychological intervention alongside boxing skills in accessible community settings across London. Check out what we do on our social media @iycboxing.
We are a small but growing social enterprise who are implementing our digital marketing strategy. The copywriter will work alongside our digital marketing manager and the wider team to:
- Create engaging online content for a variety of stakeholders, tailoring the content and style of individual writing assignments according to their purpose.
- Create content that maximises SEO compatibility and has an excellent fit with our marketing strategies.
- Write and edit blog content on topics related to the organisation.
- Work to improve SEO through keyword auditing and identifying link-building opportunities.
- Reach out to organisations and individuals to establish opportunities for engaging joint digital content.
We are looking for someone who can volunteer 3 hours a week to fulfil this task. You do not need to be based in London. We would like you to be able to commit to the organisation for 6 months or more.
We are committed to safer recruitment and ask volunteers to provide references. Any roles that have direct contact with users of our service or confidential data are subject to a DBS check.
Please see our Role Description & Person Specification for more details.
Skills and experience the volunteer will gain:
In Your Corner is a small and agile social enterprise, so was well as gaining social enterprise sector experience, the role is a great opportunity to be in an organisation where you will be near to frontline work and part of a small team. There are plenty of high value transferable skills you can gain from this role, such as
- SEO optimisation
- Digital marketing strategy
- Writing engaging copy for a range of stakeholders
- Sourcing and using high quality research evidence to inform your writing
- Experience of published blog posts to add to your writing portfolio
To apply, please write a cover letter (maximum 2 sides of A4) explaining:
a) Your motivations for applying for the role
b) How your experiences and skills fit with the role description and person specification
c) If you have a current CV, please include it with your cover letter
Please apply before Monday 16th May. We are reviewing applications as they are received.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.