Volunteering with Independent Choices, the domestic abuse helpline for Greater Manchester
Have an interest in supporting survivors of domestic abuse?
Want to have a rewarding volunteering experience?
Want to volunteer within a supportive and caring team?
Have 3 hours a week to commit to making a difference?
We are looking to recruit female Helpline Volunteers to support callers on the Greater Manchester Domestic Abuse Helpline. On the helpline, volunteers provide high-quality, empowering, emotional, and practical support for survivors of domestic abuse and their friends & family members as well as professionals.
• Our shifts are 3 hours a week between 10 am – 4 pm Monday to Friday
• Office-only volunteering
• Training at your own pace
• Based in Hulme
• Reasonable adjustments can be made
Volunteering with Independent Choices Greater Manchester can be a very rewarding experience and you will gain many useful skills, as well as making a positive difference to survivors of domestic abuse. We provide:
• Full and ongoing, training
• On -site support and regular supervision
• Flexible shifts
• Expenses are paid in cash on the day of volunteering
• A friendly office spaces
Who we are looking for,
Whilst there is no experience needed, we would ask that our volunteers have the following skills:
• Good listening skills and the ability to communicate well with a variety of people
• Punctuality, reliability, and a commitment to volunteering
• Ability to empathise and be non-judgmental
• Ability to learn new information and a can-do attitude
We welcome applications from a wide range of backgrounds, and are keen to hear from women who:
• Speak another language including Urdu, Punjabi, Bengali, Polish, and Arabic (but please do contact us if you do not have another language!)
• Women aged over 50