Role Title: Project Coordinator
Location: In field (Samos, Greece)
Reporting to: Team Lead / CEO
Hours: 36-40 hours a week / 5.5 days a week
Salary: £600 stipend and accommodation
Duration: Minimum 3 months
Benefits: Being part of a wonderful team and helping incredible projects find volunteers
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of your role will be to manage elements of volunteering on behalf of the organisation for which you are recruiting volunteers. You will be assessing and meeting an organisation’s needs through the recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers. You will be managing volunteers and their communication with projects we match them with.
As a project coordinator based in the field, you will be expected to hit the ground running to develop and sustain relationships with the 40 plus projects supported by Indigo across Greece, Serbia & Bosnia. You will be working closely with the volunteer coordinator to match volunteers with projects based on their skills and location.
You will be expected to be an ambassador for Indigo, promoting a happy, healthy and helpful volunteer experience for all. You will need to have a good understanding of the refugee crisis in this area and be able to signpost volunteers to key information and organisations.
As a project coordinator, you will need to:
- Understand all Indigo projects and their volunteering needs by sending out volunteer request forms weekly
- Appropriately match volunteers according to their skillset and project needs
- Introduce volunteers to projects to establish a potential placement.
- Follow up with the volunteer and project to understand the success of the placement.
- Offer advice and information to volunteers and projects through email contact
- Maintain databases and main inbox as well as any other administrative duties
- Consult with projects sharing key documents with them to help raise the standards of professionalism and volunteer placements
- Use the CRM system (Salesforce) to understand volunteers skill sets and place them accordingly
- Build and maintain relationships with the grassroots project coordinators and the wider volunteer community by organising networking and social events
- Seek and onboard new projects
- Meet with projects where possible to establish good working relationships
- Attend Coordination meetings
- Manage own time remotely
- Manages change well
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self driven
- Strong organisation and planning skills
- Enthusiastic about volunteering!
- Able to manage own self care and promote to other volunteers / coordinators
- Maintains calmness under stressful situations
- Monthly written report to Help Refugees and CEO
- Match volunteers to project placements in salesforce system.
- Initially assess and onboard new projects
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with projects
- Actively explore ways to develop support of projects & volunteers
- Goals individually set with Team
Creating a cultural shift in volunteering
To make a difference to the lives of others in need by acting as an intermediary source which provides fee-free support for both volunteers and humanitarian projects. This in turn helps projects to flourish and deliver real impact to the communities they work with
- Inspire and help more people to volunteer around the world
- Support projects with their volunteer needs
- Make volunteering more accessible by providing easy-to-access information and removing barriers such as big fees
- Match the right volunteers to the right volunteering opportunities so that projects can meet and exceed their goals
- Provide complete support for those on their volunteering journey
To revolutionise the voluntary sector so that all volunteering opportunities are easy to access, ethical, effective and efficient
Purpose, equality & courage
- Live with purpose
- Strive for equality
- Be courageous