ICM is a global charity providing a wide range of professional qualifications in business, management and related vocational areas based in Ringwood, Hampshire.
ICM are seeking Trustee(s). Strategic vision, a passion for education and enthusiasm for supporting our charity are key strengths needed. This role is voluntary with reimbursement of expenses and requires attendance to quarterly meetings. If you would like to apply, click below, and we will send you a short application form.
- To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in ensuring that the Charity has a firm strategic direction, clear overall policy, agreed objectives and targets, and monitoring and evaluating performance against those objectives and targets.
- To ensure there is regular reviews of the need for ICM and for the services it provides or could provide, and regular review of strategic plans and priorities.
- To ensure that the major threats to best practice to ICM are regularly identified and reviewed and that systems are in place to mitigate risk.
- To ensure ICM has a suitable balance between risk and opportunity, to ensure ICM makes the most of opportunities and develop them with the confidence that any risks will be managed.
- To ensure that ICM maintains a governance structure that is appropriate to a charity of its size/complexity, stage of development, and its charitable objects, and reflects the diversity of its members.
- To appoint the Chief Executive Officer and monitor his/her performance.
- To ensure, with professional advice as appropriate, that ICM complies with all constitutional, legal, regulatory and statutory requirements.
- To monitor the effective and efficient management and administration of ICM (including the employment, management and welfare of all staff), responsibility to the Chief Executive Officer as appropriate.
- To ensure that there are up to date policies to direct key areas of the charity’s business and to ensure that there are quality and service standards for major areas of delivery and that these are met.
- To safeguard the name and values ICM.
- To ensure that trustees comply with a code of conduct and register Conflicts of Interests, and that there are mechanisms for the removal of trustees who do not abide by the trustee code of conduct.
- To act reasonably and prudently in all matters relating to ICM and always in the interests of ICM.
- To ensure that ICM’s financial obligations are met and that there are adequate financial controls in place to ensure all money due is received and properly applied, and that all assets and liabilities are recorded.
Qualities and Skills
- Capacity for clear, creative and strategic thinking and vision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to speak their mind.
- Analytical ability and good independent judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the role of a Board of Trustees for a charity (including the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship).
- A willingness and ability to devote the necessary time and effort to attend Board and other meetings, including preparing and reading for those meetings, and to participate in the effective governance and management of the Charity.
- Each Trustee should abide by the Good Governance, Code of Practice, using any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the Board of Trustees reach insightful, sound decisions.
Trustees Knowledge and experience
The Board of Trustees has determined that it is essential that the following knowledge and experience should be present within the Board as a whole:
- Experience and knowledge of education
- General financial knowledge or experience
- Marketing and public relations knowledge or experience
- Experience of business management, human resources management or administration;
- Safeguarding, Risk Management, Adverse Effects, Business Continuity and Corporate Social Responsibility knowledge or experience
- Charity administration experience.