ICYE UK Communication and Programme Support Internship
The Communication and Programme Support Internship is for 2-3 days per week for a period of 3 + months in our London Office in Kilburn.
The Communication and Programme Support Intern will support the Hosting Programme Coordinator to fulfil volunteer placements in the UK and will also assist in providing support to international volunteers taking part in the ICYE UK exchange programme.
This role is largely office based, although there is the opportunity to assist at the ICYE UK training camps and to visit some of the volunteers’ projects. Within the role, there is also the opportunity to explore your own interests and act upon your own initiative. Despite this, ICYE UK will provide support and informal training for the role.
The successful candidate will be able to work as part of a small team and have an interest in International volunteering. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who would like to work within the International Development volunteering/charity sector and who has an interest in supporting volunteers.
Office hours are Monday to Friday from 10am to 5.30pm with flexible working days and times according to the needs of the successful candidate and the organisation. ICYE UK will also reimburse daily travel costs within Greater London and provide a lunch allowance.
This role will suit someone interested in working with people from a wide range of different cultures. Candidates should have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and enjoy meeting new people.
Some experience in event planning and carrying out desk based research
Social Media experience
Duties and Responsibilities:
Communicating and supporting international volunteers in the UK
- Maintaining regular friendly communications.
- Maintaining birthday calendars.
- Liaising with our international partner organisations.
- Monitoring the Hosting Intern inbox.
- Checking ICYE UK social media groups & advertising events on them.
- Creating a calendar of cultural and social events in the UK and keeping volunteers aware of these opportunities.
- Gathering volunteer stories and encouraging their input to the organisations’ social media, newsletters, campaigns, etc.
Administrative Support of the Hosting Programme
- Filing and Photocopying.
- Organising and maintaining volunteer documents.
- Ensuring all required documents are received and recorded before volunteers arrive to the UK.
- Keeping project information up to date.
- Creating information materials, brochures, etc.
- Helping update and create new material for the Hosting Programme pages of ICYE UK website.
Trainings / Camps
- Sourcing suitable venues, gathering / preparing materials, training plan.
- Assisting with the preparation of ICYE Camps which take place in February, July and August.
- Booking train and coach travel for volunteers.
- Creating ‘Welcome to the UK’ and ‘Project Packs’ for all new volunteers.
- Attending ICYE Camps – being open to helping with any aspects of the Camp, e.g. training assistance, entertainment, etc.
How to Apply
Please adress your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest to Dan Milway.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.