International Communities Organisation (ICO), is a non- governmental organisation, based in London. It is a self- determination research and innovation centre whose purpose is to empower communities; its guiding principles are based on self-determination rights and human rights. ICO works to create an open environment in which organisations within communities, which suffer from impingement on human rights, can work without obstruction to bring positive changes to their local communities.
International Communities Organisation is now getting ready to open its doors to a brand new institute in Austria. We will build an ICO Institute with an artistic style and understanding of human and environment-friendly buildings. It is fully funded, and a framework contract signed.
ICO has a 3 years vision. Over the course of the 3 years, ICO undertakes to build a self-funding and a self-financing facility in the north of Vienna, near the United Nations (UN) that has space for conference facilities, hotel accommodation, and a non-profit university. Our aim is
To train emerging future leaders,
To run a place where community representatives can craft their own policies and offer a peaceful approach to conflicts,
To provide expert advice
To offer a platform for discussion between policy experts regarding history of treaties and the history of relationships.
The main focus of the ICO centre would be a centre of self-determination, a place that has expert professionals like human rights and constitutional lawyers who are well experienced in international relations and international law and would offer practical advice and help to communities and people. The target is to evolve the International Communities Organisation (ICO) into a major global institution in affiliation with the United Nations and working for the self- determination of peoples throughout the world. The institute will provide the research and education services through,
- Lecture Theatres,
- Conference Rooms,
- Library spaces for students to study,
- Accommodation for Students,
- Research Labs for professionals and practitioners to prepare conferences and mentoring.
The Institute will also host a Hotel Area, Office Spaces, two Apartments, Restaurants, and Sports Centre.
We are looking for someone who is dedicated, organised and can use their own initiative. You will need to be outgoing and have a great communication manner, as you will often be responsible for being the first point of contact for some of our managers. You will need to be a quick learner and very pro-active.
- Support the co-ordination between project managers in the UK and Germany (and architects)
- Support the selection of architect(s) and architecture company
- Creating database via desk-based research to help build new and existing relationships
- Research into the local area and developments
- Attending meetings and taking notes/minutes
- Create presentations and excel dashboards
- Marketing the brand in new and innovative ways to help build the ICO Austria Institute
- Social Media Marketing
- Support of our team in day-to-day operations towards achieving the construction of ICO in North of Vienna.
This is an unpaid position, but you will receive the following benefits for working with us:
- Experience by industry experts in the field of both social impact and property business
- Ongoing support and development within the international field from IGOs to private sector partnerships
- Remote working days
- Invites to events and field visits
- Minimum 6 months internship
Send us a covering letter, along with your CV, explaining why you would be right for this role. Successful candidates will be invited in for an informal chat with our Programme Manager.