International Communities Organisation, based in London-UK, is an international organisation working for access to the right to self-determination through activities empowering communities to overcome the barriers they face, fulfil their potential and create positive change in their local community.
ICO currently owns Management International University is a not-for-profit institution. Its aim is to help individuals who have the relevant business skills and life skills which can affect their own communities in a positive way. MIU strives to provide access to education to those in society who have lacked the means and mobility to acquire meaningful higher education.
Key elements of this role include
- Help market the university's low-cost courses in developing countries
- Assist with the development of this new, but accredited University.
- Other activities may be reasonably required
For those activities, a good level of English and at least minimum IT Skills are required.
This is a voluntary and home-based position.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
This position involves very creative tasks, it can be suitable for anyone who is keen to work for projects and international development, and education. As a volunteer you will:
- Gain experience and insight into the world of an international organisation
- Understand the work of an online University
- Develop skills and strategies needed in organising and administrating projects
- Put your previous education into practice within an institution
- Acquire experience within an international organisation working with local communities around the world and post-conflict states
- Access a working experience within a multi-cultural environment
Please APPLY ONLINE with your CV and the details of when and which days of the week you are available.