International Communities Organisation empowers communities, guided by its vision of self-determination and the values of development and human rights. It fosters an environment where cultures are respected, and organisations within these communities are free to pave the way for their own development.
Social media channels are key in promoting the importance and benefits of empowering communities in post-conflict cities and conflict zones. It will bring our work to a wider audience and help attract new people to support us.
You will be able to use your experience and energy to the full as we develop ways of engaging new supporters and inspiring new audiences to be part of our movement. The role is home based with occasional attendance at meetings. We hope that you will be able to contribute 2-3 days each week to suit your availability. Our team will provide training and support to develop your role.
- A degree or training in a relevant area.
- Experience in producing research outputs and structured reports for different audiences;
- A track record in research publications (not essential);
- Experience of working independently and with teams to drive forward projects using own initiative;
- Experience in designing, planning and facilitating independent research and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A good grasp with social media and the technical skills required across all platforms.
- Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to develop effective working relationships, work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries, and communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent English writing skills and detail orientated.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to balance competing demands under pressure.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to present ideas appropriately and persuasively.
BENEFITS FOR APPLICANT:
- The role offers a flexible opportunity to choose your own hours, as an intern / volunteer.
- You’ll gain experience in volunteering in a project support role in a busy team within the third sector.
- After a qualifying period of having been a satisfactory intern, you’ll be able to ask for a reference in line with our Internship Policy.
- The role will help further develop your skills and experience, and will look great on your CV.
- You’ll gain a real personal benefit from knowing you are making a real positive change to the lives of people who are struggling.
- Interns are further supported by the Director and also our dedicated team.
- This role does not meet the criteria for a DBS check but we might ask two referees we can contact for their opinions on your suitability for this role.
Candidates must submit their CV, cover letter with some English writing samples.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.