IHF KENYA AT CENTER GLD
Kenyan Citizens: Come learn GLOBAL LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT at our Nakuru, Kenya center
Have you dreamt of being a Director of an institution, school or non-profit? While foreign legacy students pay for this service, Kenyan citizens receive training for free while being provided with a small stipend plus room and board.
The International Humanity Foundation (IHF) is an award winning International Non- profit, founded and active since 2001. Our two-fold mission is to (1) Educate impoverished children, activating their highest potential and nurturing healthy, loving communities around them.
(2) Educating global citizens through real life experiences, online and in person, about the realities of impoverished communities, practical skills in aiding needed efforts, and the value of other cultures. We offer children and adults from kindergarten through retirement venues for learning and safely practicing leadership skills.
Volunteers who sign up to donate their time at our IHF Kenya Center for the Global Leader Development (GLD) program make a very real impact during their stay participating in the various tasks.
As a GLD, you will participate in four hours of local on site tasks, in addition to four hours per day as a member of multiple International Online Teams.
Your local tasks may include, but are not limited to:
● Provide hands on help with the center's day-to-day operations
● Participate in a cultural exchange, organizing special games and activities with our children
● Support our sustainable Peace Farm Project and learn how agriculture is still a vital part of everyday Kenyan life
● Help supplement our children’s education by joining in with our evening reading and study programs
● Be responsible for the management, design and implementation of community led projects linked to your academic and or professional skills and experience
● Manage local and international volunteers and shape their experience at our IHF Kenya Center
Your international online tasks may include, but are not limited to:
● Budgeting and finance
● Donor relations and sponsorships
● Social media campaigns and fundraising
● Website development
Volunteers accepted to this program will have:
● Confidence using the English language (both spoken and written)
● A passion for international development with a particular emphasis on universal education
● Career development goals aligned with IHF’s mission
The program requires a college diploma or University degree and minimum time commitment of four months, though we encourage volunteers to stay for up to one year. All volunteers receive one day off per week and a four days holiday per month.
In addition to making a notable difference in the lives of the children we serve, you will also have access to the following benefits:
● Certificate of program completion
● Letter of recommendation upon request
● Acquire leadership and management capacities that will enable you to lead in the ever-changing global environment
● Gain practical experience in an NGO environment
● Join a global network of IHF volunteers and alumni
● Build a global network with people from diverse professional and backgrounds
● You will also have the benefit of receiving a monthly per diem in addition to room and board. Small Kenya shillings Stipend rises each three months:
4,000 KS/ 7,435 KS/ 8,775/11,700KS/14,000/17,500KS
Note: Due to the nature of our work with children, should your application be accepted we do require a clean criminal background check which is less than 1-year-old.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.