Can you help oversee the finances for our small charity?
Do you have an interest in supporting a Wokingham-based charity that helps the poor and disadvantaged of the south Indian state of Andhra Pradesh?
You could be the Treasurer for SalGO-Assist, helping us to enhance our work with widows and orphans.
Our charity exists to support the rural poor in Andhra Pradesh, south India. We particularly focus on supports for orphans and widows, by raising funds for “Salem Gospel Outreach in Education & Rural Care Organisation” (SalGOERCO), hence our name: SalGO-Assist.
Our total income in 2019 was £29k, so our finances aren’t complex.
You can look at the Charity Commission information about SalGO-Assist (Charity Number 1101811)
We ensure all funds distributed to SalGOERCO are accounted for and audited.
Our Board meets briefly every month. It is expected that our Treasurer will offer up to 4 hours per month in the role, although more is always welcome. Reimbursement of approved reasonable travel or other appropriate expenses can be claimed.
- Understanding of finance is important, obviously; understanding UK charity financial accounting would be beneficial.
- Previous experience of charity trusteeship or Committee membership would be welcome, but not required.
- Experience of bookkeeping or similar financial record-keeping would also be very welcome.
- If you have a recognised financial and/or accounting qualification that would be beneficial but that isn’t a prerequisite.
- You will need the ability to communicate financial information clearly, especially to other trustees
- You should have secure personal access to ICT and able to competently use those resources.
Interviews will be held at a mutually convenient time to you and us.
You will need to be aged 18 or over, and if successful after a fairly-informal interview, provide us with two references.
Trustee training is available to the successful applicant, as is induction into our organisation to help your understanding of the impact of our work.
For an informal discussion or to find out more, including a copy of the Role Description & Person Specification for this voluntary position, please contact The Revd. Clifford Smith via the CharityJob link