Volunteer Role Profile: Web Administrator
About the role
Volunteer web administrators help the Cally Clock Tower team engage with our digitally connected audiences and regularly update our dedicated website www.CallyPark.london with new and engaging content. This role is based at the Cally Clock Tower Centre.
- Updating our website with regular engaging and relevant content under the supervision of the Cally Clock Tower management team.
- Regularly updating our news feed
- Promoting our events programme
- Working with our social media volunteers to promote digital content
What skills and qualities we are looking for?
- Friendly and enthusiastic
- Some basic knowledge of HTML and/or WordPress would be advantageous
- Creative ideas and approach to generating digital content
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately.
- Enjoys working with a range of people from the community.
- Interest in the activities taking place at Cally Clock Tower Centre and within Cally Park.
What we would like from you?
- To be guided by the Caledonian Park and Islington Council policies and procedures, including health and safety, confidentiality and equal opportunities.
- To be reliable and let us know in advance if you won’t be able to make your volunteering session.
- To ask if you’d like to do something specific or have a particular interest.
- To let us know if there are any problems with your work, or anything you are not happy about.
- To behave appropriately to treat us with respect.
What we can offer you?
- The use of IT equipment at the Clock Tower Centre.
- A welcoming and enjoyable experience.
- Flexibility to volunteer at a time that suits your needs.
- Training, information and support to be able to carry out your role.
- Regular discussions to see how you feel about your volunteer role and how we can help you develop or try a different volunteer role.
- A chance to have any ideas, suggestions or complaints that you have taken seriously.
- To be treated fairly with respect.
- Recognition for your contribution.
- Become part of a rich and diverse family of volunteers and make new friends.
- To be covered by Islington Council’s Insurance and Health and Safety policies.
Two to three hours per week. We aim to be flexible to fit in with your needs, though the volunteering must take place within working hours (10am-4pm) on a weekday. We ask for a minimum three-month commitment for this role.
Caledonian Park is managed by Islington Council and sits within Parks Service who manage the local parks and green areas. Islington Heritage Service and Parks Service manage the Clock Tower and Heritage Centre in partnership. Our vision is of an accessible and inclusive Service, centred on increasing local cultural participation, exploring and celebrating local heritage and making valuable contribution to local priorities.
Caledonian Park is a popular site full of history. The centerpiece of the park is a 155ft (47.5m) high grade II* listed Clock Tower built in 1855. The National Lottery Heritage Fund confirmed a grant award of £1,873,300 in December 2016. This funded our vision to revitalise Caledonian Park and secure the future of its clock tower.
Essential repairs have been made to the clock tower to ensure it is preserved for future generations, and also to allow it to be open to the public on a more regular basis. The renovation includes work to the original bells, balcony and staircase. The original market railings on Market Road and Shearling Way have also been repaired and restored, and a small heritage centre built (the ‘Cally Clock Tower Centre’) with space for community and education activities. The café and toilet facilities are also new.
This role is purely voluntary and this arrangement is not a legally binding one or an employment contract.