It Gets Better UK envisions a world where all LGBTQ+ youth are free to live equally and know their worthiness and power as individuals. We strive to tell the stories of LGBTQ+ people and to provide positive and reassuring messages to LGBTQ+ youth.
The It Gets Better Project was founded in 2010 in America. Since then, affiliated charities have been formed in 19 different countries. We are now at the exciting stage of developing the UK affiliate having formally launched in October 2018.
We want to ensure that people are able to fully engage with our mission. Innovative thinking is at the heart of this and we are looking for dynamic individuals who will help shape the future and support the delivery of the organisation.
To that end, we are looking to appoint a network of Regional Ambassadors to help promote It Gets Better UK, to inspire and engage with members of their local LGBTQ+ communities to get involved, and to help fundraise.
- Raise awareness of It Gets Better UK and our work through talking to members of the LGBTQ+ community in your area, and on social media
- Look after our information and fundraising stands at local events
- Deliver talks to local LGBTQ+ groups, community groups, schools etc about the work of It Gets Better UK and the ways in which they could help us achieve our goals
- Inspire members of the LGBTQ+ community to add their own It Gets Better story to our work
What skills/experience are needed?
- Confident public speaker with excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Reliable and professional demeanour
- A personal and friendly manner
- Flexibility to be called upon when needed
- An honest and trustworthy nature
- A good knowledge of the local LGBTQ+ community
What is the time commitment?
This is a flexible role and the times may vary, but we would expect you to spend at least two hours a week on your role. Regional Ambassadors are appointed for up to two years. Regional Ambassadors will have a monthly online meeting with the It Gets Better UK Director.