JCI Sheffield is a volunteer-led skills and personal development organisation for young professionals and entrepreneurs aged 18-40. We have been in Sheffield for over 90 years and are linked to a global network of over 170,000 members in more than 100 countries.
We make world-class personal and skills development sessions as well as exceptional leadership opportunities available to young people in Sheffield who want to make a difference and be part of something bigger.
JCI Sheffield is hosting its 92nd Annual Gala Fundraising Dinner in September. We are fundraising for The Gambia Project to support raising £6,000 to build a well at a local school, and you can play a key role in making it happen.
In your role as JCI Sheffield Sponsorship Manager, you will:
- Research and contact potential donors for auction items and raffle prizes.
- Plan how and when you will contact and stay in touch with potential donors and sponsors.
- Approach potential sponsors in a professional and engaging manner.
- Build and maintain great relationships with donors and sponsors.
- Coordinate receiving contributions and ensure they are present on the night.
- Appreciate donors and sponsors, and thank them for their contributions
- Care about what we do
- Enthusiastic and ambitious
- Professional and engaging communicator
- Share information and resources
- Communicate regularly and openly
- Ask for and offer help
- Help others to succeed
- Interested in personal development
JCI Sheffield’s volunteers come from a wide range of professional backgrounds, and our volunteering opportunities fit around your work and personal commitments. All our volunteers are also members of JCI Sheffield. JCI Sheffield membership is only £10 per month (£5 students) or £120 per year (£60 students), and this helps us on our local and global mission to provide development opportunities that empower young people like you to create positive change.
All our volunteers also started off in roles like this and went on to achieve greater things both within JCI Sheffield and outside it, and you could too. The successes our members have achieved as a result of fully embracing their JCI Sheffield membership include: becoming Local and National JCI President, job promotions, significant pay rises, local and national JCI awards as well as increased confidence and personal effectiveness.
In return for your membership, we can offer you access to one of the most remarkable organisations in the world, including:
- Unrivalled personal and career development opportunities
- Progression onto local, national and international leadership roles
- A helping hand and cheerleader in your achievements with us and far beyond
Apply today, and let’s get the show on the road!
No experience? Want to get involved?
We’d love to hear from you.
Contact us to find out how we can help you develop your talents, turn a hobby into a profession, create a new career avenue, and even gain career experience that sets you head and shoulders above the competition.