What will I be doing?
As an Office Volunteer for JDRF you will be working closely with the Head of Challenge and Sports Events in our Head Office in London. The role will be varied and you will be supporting the wider Challenge Events team with various general administration tasks and supporting the team with various tasks to ensure everything is kept up-to-date and deadlines are met.
This may include;
- Day-to-day administration tasks such as emails, phone-calls and filing
- Assisting in writing letters, emails and other correspondence
- Creating, updating and maintaining records on Donorflex
- Other data entry tasks
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks as required
How will this benefit JDRF?
By supporting the team with this varied range of administration tasks you will be allowing them to focus on engaging with and supporting more people, as well as helping to raise money to continue to fund research to treat, prevent and cure type 1 diabetes.
Ensuring that administration tasks such as this are completed to an accurate and high standard will be invaluable to the team, as well as JDRF as a whole.
How will this benefit me?
- Improving communication skills
- Improving Microsoft Office skills
- An opportunity to gain experience using a CRM database
- Gaining general administration skills
- Being part of the JDRF team
- The opportunity to help JDRF reach and support more people with type1
When do you need me?
This role would be office based for one day a week, initially on a 6-12 month basis subject to a review with the Head of Challenge and Sports Events.
Days and hours can be flexible to suit your needs.
Where is this role based? This role will be based at our Head Office in Angel, London.
What training will I receive? You will receive an induction to JDRF, the work that the teams do and the resources that we offer to our supporters
What will be expected of me?
- To provide reliable and effective administration support
- To complete the tasks that are asked in a timely manner
- To complete the agreed upon hours
- To that, as a volunteer, you are representing JDRF and our values
What skills and attributes do I need?
We like all our volunteers to be enthusiastic and dedicated to helping JDRF reach our mission. We are also looking for;
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of Type 1 or a desire to learn
- An interest in the Charity sector
- Previous administration experience
What support is available to me?
You will have a staff buddy who has an overview of the project in their area and will provide on-going support. There will be regular catch-ups giving an opportunity to discuss updates, feedback and plan; this may be by phone call or skype if unable to meet in person.
You will also be reimbursed for reasonable travel expenses and receive a £5 a day lunch allowance.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.