Kairos Women Working Together (KairosWWT) are seeking a Secretary to join our friendly and committed board of trustees.
The role of Secretary is to support the Chair by ensuring the board of trustees conducts itself professionally and effectively in providing sound governance of the charity.
The common functions will be to support the board to find their way through the maze of law, governance and good practice and to facilitate effective meetings.
A key element of the Charity Secretary's role is to be fully conversant in all the legislation affecting the charity and the provisions of the governing document.
The Secretary is custodian of the governing document and as such is responsible for ensuring that board meetings, annual general meetings and extraordinary general meetings are run effectively and in accordance with the provisions of the governing document.
The Charity Secretary is also responsible for legal compliance. This aspect of the role includes ensuring that trustees have the right information to enable them to make informed decisions and fulfil their responsibilities.
For further information about the role responsibilities, please download the attached document.
- Commitment to the organisation
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- Ability to think creatively
- Willingness to speak their mind
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Nolan's seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership
- Organisational ability
- Knowledge or experience of business and committee procedures
- Minute-taking experience, if this is not being delegated to staff
Please Note: This post is restricted to female applicants only under Section 9 of the Equality Act 2010. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) disclosure will be required for this role.
What difference will you make?
By joining our board, you will get to support the strategic development of the organisation as it serves vulnerable women in Coventry. You will also get a great insight into the workings of grassroots, frontline organisation making a vital difference in the lives of some of Coventry's most vulnerable women.
What's in it for the volunteer?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, but professional and committed board of trustees.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter totaling no more than 500 words detailing why you are interested in this role and what relevant skills and experience you bring. Send your application to Franki Hale, Kairos Trustee, via Reach.