The purpose of this volunteer English Teacher role is to provide LADPPP users with the English skills they need in order to feel empowered and achieve their personal or professional goals.
Main activities and tasks:
- Plan and deliver interesting English lessons to groups of LADPP service users, according to the their needs and interests.
- Plan a lesson suitable for learners at a beginner level.
- Provide regular feedback to students and monitor their improvement.
- Keep student records up to date with information regarding their goals and progress.
- Prepare classroom materials and homework assignments.
- Work in accordance with our policies of confidentiality and Health & Safety.
Who are we looking for?
- Have a native level of English and/or hold a qualification in teaching English as a foreign language or are working towards becoming an ESOL/EFL teacher.
Please note: We may consider applications from teachers who do not hold English teaching qualifications, nor are working towards one, but who have teaching experience.
- Are flexible and creative in preparing varied and interesting lessons.
- Are responsible, organised and have good timekeeping.
- Are open-minded individuals with a patient and approachable manner.
- Can listen, communicate and engage with people of all ages, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, cultures and abilities with a non-judgemental approach.
- Can provide explanations about English culture, traditions and history.
- Can take part in different educational activities to promote integration into British society and culture
What the volunteer would gain from the volunteering opportunity:
- Have the chance to work with a variety of different people and make a real difference to their lives.
- Be part of a team of volunteers in a friendly and dynamic environment.
- Learn new skills and gain experience that could be helpful for future employment opportunities or further studies, particularly in teaching.
- Gain valuable knowledge and experience of working in the Charity sector.
- Gain experience working in a multi-cultural/multi-lingual environment, which is highly valued by recruiters.
- Have the possibility to practice other languages.
- Attend social and cultural events organised by LADPP.
- Increase your own self-confidence.
- Make friends and have fun!
We are looking for volunteers able to commit a minimum of 2 hours per week for at least 3 months.
Lunch and travel expenses will be reinbursed for a limited amount.
DBS check will be required.
By becoming an LADPP volunteer, you can access to free trainings from external third tier organisations for free.