Leeway Domestic Violence and Abuse Services, based in Norwich, Norfolk, are looking to recruit a Volunteer for the position of Treasurer who can oversee & support the Management Committee, CEO & the Business & Central Services Manager on the financial management aspects of Leeway Domestic Violence and Abuse Services, from supporting with the financial forecasting, budgets & management account analysis, as well as all other financial related tasks and duties that the charity needs.
You must have previous experience in a financial role such as in Accounting and a good understanding of charities. You must be committed and dedicated to the role and the charity, ensuring any deadlines are met.
Job Type: Volunteer Treasurer
- Charity Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Desirable)
Location meeting base - Norwich
Volunteer Treasurer Role Description
The responsibilities of the Treasurer at board level are to:
- Liaise with finance staff and with the organisation’s independent examiner or auditor, in order to ensure that the organisation keeps proper accounts, in compliance with Companies House and Charity Commission regulations.
- Chair the finance sub-committee meetings, who are responsible for: -
- Reviewing the organisation’s financial performance.
- Reviewing policies for finance and investment.
- Ensuring that the organisation has robust and effective financial controls in place.
- Report on financial matters to the management committee.
The treasurer will share these responsibilities with the finance sub-committee, and staff will carry out day to day finance functions.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.