Are you passionate about making a real difference? Do you have time to volunteer and help our Donor Support and Fundraising team? Through volunteering you will gain experience of working in an office environment and within fundraising for an international charity.
Lepra is a UK-based international charity working to beat leprosy, a disease that still affects millions of vulnerable people across the world.
If left untreated leprosy causes life-changing disabilities and stigma that destroys lives. But it is curable and with more support we can help more people to overcome this disease and rebuild their lives.
Lepra works with people directly through diagnosis, treatment and care. We also engage wit communities through health education and events to raise awareness of disease.
Purpose of the Role
This volunteer role will primarily assist the Fundraising and Communications team with donor focused projects, review and research of new fundraising initiatives. The role may expand into assisting with other teams, local events and developing opportunities as the need arises.
Key tasks will include
- Providing support for key projects focussed around our donors
- Providing administrative support for existing events and activities
- As directed, responding to enquiries about events by phone/email/letter
- Assisting the donor support and fundraising team
Skills and attributes that are of benefit to the role
- Competent computer skills using Microsoft Office – particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic knowledge and use of social media platforms
- Accuracy and close attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Ability to write clearly and logically
- Excellent telephone skills, effective communicator, confident and personable manner with good people skills
- Pro-active ‘Can do’ attitude with ability to learn new skills and enjoy being part of a team.
What we can offer you as a volunteer
- You will be directly contributing to Lepras work and its fight against Leprosy
- An insight into how a charity maintains and reviews their donors
- The opportunity to develop research and IT skills
- A supportive environment
- Lunch costs and reasonable local travel expenses can be reimbursed
- References provided for future employers
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.