We are a charity providing free services to refugees, asylum seekers and migrants in London. We have 5 main programmes: Information and advice on Immigration, housing and welfare advice, advice and support for women who experienced gender-based violence, training and employment support and campaigning and policy work. We also offer mental health and wellbeing support and a dedicated project for children and young people of migrant background. In addition to the main programmes we run activities which include English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), literacy, knitting and sewing classes and a weekly therapeutic gardening group.
About this role
We are looking for a passionate and committed volunteer to work closely with our Fundraising officer and Business Development Manager to research and draft funding applications. You will be helping with the development of new and exciting project ideas as well as provide assistance to our campaigning and policy work. The role will involve a mixture of fundraising activities, from developing grant applications to organising community fundraising events.
Your will also be responsible for developing and maintaining our database of current and prospective funders and will develop marketing materials. This is a great opportunity for a highly organised and confident fundraiser and event organiser to gain invaluable skills and work as part of a fast growing and vibrant organisation.
You will also support our campaigning work and will be given the chance to attend training and development opportunities improve your skills.
- Researching prospective funders
- Organising regular fundraising events
- Work with the CEO and funrdaising officer to identify further fundraising opportunities and drafting funding applications
- Desktop research and communications/marketing support
- Developing marketing and publicity material (flyers etc.)
What Will You Gain from the Role?
- A chance to make a difference and help an organisation working to support vulnerable people
- Event management skills
- Fundraising and marketing skills
- A range of training opportunities
- Develop your CV
What Skills/Experience Are Needed?
- Highly organised with experience of working with computer packages
- Previous experience (paid or voluntary) in fundraising is ideal
- Fluent English speaker with a keen eye for detail and an enthusiasm to learn about fundraising processes
- Motivated, proactive, organised and reliable
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to gain experience in and understanding of this area of work within the non-profit sector.
You will be given support and training as well as a reimbursement for lunch (up to £6) and travel expenses.