[Please note that a Cover Letter is required when applying for this position]
To further the work and aims of Limitless London and to act as Secretary for the organisation; to support the Chair in the execution of his duties.
- With the other Trustees, to ensure that Limitless London complies with its governing document (the Memorandum and Articles of Association), charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
- To ensure that Limitless London actively pursues its objects as defined in the Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- To ensure that Limitless London uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects.
- To contribute actively in giving firm strategic direction to Limitless London, setting overall policy
- Defining goals and setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Recording Minutes of Meetings
- Support the Chair in setting meeting agendas
- To ensure that committee meetings are properly administered.
- To ensure other meetings, such as the AGM, and events are properly administered.
- Keep membership records up-to-date (unless there is a membership secretary as well).
- Monitor committee member action points.
- Plan and prepare the committee meetings and the AGM with others as appropriate.
- Planning meeting dates, booking rooms, sending out notifications, minutes and other papers.
- Drawing up agendas together with the Chair.
- Minute committee meetings or ensure that another minute taker is available. In the case of closed meetings (with no others present) the secretary will take the minutes.
- Accurately record decisions and actions in the minutes and report to the next committee meeting on the progress of actions and the result of decisions.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date membership records, issuing renewal notices and recording subscription/membership fees together with the treasurer.
- Deal with correspondence, writing letters/emails as agreed at committee meetings, summarising correspondence/emails received at the next committee meetings and drafting replies as appropriate.
- Make arrangements for any necessary reporting to be done. For example the annual report to members.
- To be organised and methodical
- Able to take good minutes.
- Able to keep accurate records.
- Has the relevant skills to organise a meeting well.
Location: Home based with subsequent travel to our London office
- A comprehensive package of training
- Learning & development opportunities
- Flexible working
Any conditional offer of employment will be subject to the following checks prior to your start date:
- Satisfactory police record check to include a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or an International Criminal Record Check (If applicable)
- Receipt of satisfactory references.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the U.K
Applications for this role are invited in the form of an up-to-date CV and a covering letter of no more than two pages explaining why you are interested in this role, the contribution you think you could make to Limitless London and how you meet the person spec.
About Limitless London
We are a start-up young people’s charity that are passionate about helping disadvantaged young Londoners in the inner London area to succeed in life. Our aim is to accompany young people through adolescence, while helping them to reach their full potential, grow up healthy, be part of society and be prepared for their future. We want young people to achieve their dreams but if they don't, we want them to be able to reflect positively on what's happened and learn from it.
We will do this by providing youth activities, training workshops and programmes, where young people will have access to positive role models to help them develop their self-confidence and belief in themselves and help divert young people whose only choice is to enter into the wrong types of crowds, especially when they take a wrong turn or feel they have nowhere else to turn. We will guide and support young people and show them that there is a different path.
Help us to help young Londoners transform their lives for the better!