This is a great opportunity to be part of a charity that provides vital support for a community in North Bristol, and is looking to develop innovative social enterprises that meet local need and provide assets and income to sustain LNT for many years to come. LNT are particularly looking at community led housing, a new community centre, partnership with a social enterprise nursery and a setting up a social enterprise estate agents. We need a Treasurer that can support the Board, interpreting advice on investments, managing our resources effectively and ensuring we are spending based on our charitable purposes.
Lockleaze Neighbourhood Trust (LNT) is a charity run by residents, volunteers and professionals to work for the benefit of Lockleaze. Our vision is for Lockleaze residents to be resilient, skilled, confident and able to achieve positive change for themselves and their community. Our mission is to bring people, information and organisations together and support residents to develop and deliver projects that create local opportunities and community spirit.
As a Trustee the Treasurer has a collective Board-level responsibility for the oversight of the charity.
This is a voluntary role.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice
- Make fellow trustees aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them
- Regularly report the financial position at trustee meetings
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures and controls are in place
- Assessing the financial viability of plans and proposals
- Oversee the production of an annual budget
- Knowledge and experience of current finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations
- Knowledge of financial management
- Highly analytical
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Dedicated to the organisations cause and objectives
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship
- Knowledge of quickbooks is desirable
Please apply by Monday 15 July by filling in this form: https://forms.gle/SxJBB5TNbUJx87YA8