Hello! We are Make a Difference Entertainment (MADE) and we are looking to recruit a motivated Social Media Manager to support and strategically drive our social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & Instagram) activities. You will develop and implement an outstanding social media strategy with the goal of growing our audience on- and off-site.
The content, created by a team of local LGBTQ+ BAME & PoC volunteers involved in our Rainbow Films project, is funded by the People's Health Trust and raised by Health Equality through the Health Lottery. No extensive experience is needed but having an existing online network and showing a real interest in social media and our cause content is crucial.
What will you be doing?
- Management of all social platforms working closely with the team to drive strategy, growth of channels, etc.
- Creating weekly and monthly content plans for all social media channels;
- Managing and delivering our community programme both offline and online with local communities, events and participants.
What do you need?
- Deep understanding of social channels and how best to use them to engage.
- Ability to undertake basic video editing and photography for social platforms.
- Great interpersonal skills, polite, personable and able to draw people out of themselves.
- Familiarity with a variety of online marketing concepts, best practices and procedures.
What else do you need to know?
- LIVE WITHIN REASONABLE TRAVELLING DISTANCE TO WEST LONDON FILM STUDIOS
- Be available at least one day per week
- Must have the ability to respond to feedback and meeting deadlines, and work in the same formats that we've created.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
PLEASE NOTE: This is an unpaid position
We encourage applications from the LGBTQ+ and QTPOC communities, however anyone with a passion for social media and willing to champion equality/diversity can get involved!