This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Coping with a diagnosis of a terminal or life-limiting illness involves painful feelings, coming to terms with loss and making adjustments in life.
We are looking for volunteers to offer emotional and/or bereavement support either in a group setting through facilitation of support groups, or on one to one individual basis. You will be helping people to explore their feelings and adapt to their new life after a diagnosis or the death of a loved one.
This role is supporting patients and families who are over 18 only.
Your role will include some of, but is not restricted to, the following tasks:
- Provide emotional and/or bereavement support either in the hospice, in a small group setting, over the phone or at the person’s home, according to local resources.
- Actively listen to clients and explore their feelings around the diagnosis/loss with empathy
- Pass on appropriate information to your line manager.
- Complete appropriate documentation as required in line with our confidentiality (service user) policy.
- Assist staff in the Patient and Family Support team when necessary
- Adhere to hospice record keeping procedures
- Assist with other related tasks when necessary
Every day of your life matters – from the first to the last. When you volunteer for Marie Curie, you understand that better than ever. We’re a passionate, committed and diverse team of more than 4,400 staff and 6,500 volunteers, here for people living with any terminal illness, and their families. We offer expert care, guidance and support, to help them get the most from the time they have left.
Marie Curie is committed to its values, which underpin our work. We take stringent steps to ensure that the people who join our organisation through employment or volunteering, are suitable for their roles and are committed to safeguarding all our people from harm. This includes our staff, volunteers and all those who use or come into contact with our services. We are dedicated to creating not just a safe place to work but also a supportive and rewarding one.
Marie Curie is committed to a world where everyone can thrive and fulfil their potential. We are devoted to the social justice imperatives and organisational benefits of full diversity, inclusion and equity in the workplace, and are a Stonewall champion. We actively encourage and welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures, perspectives and lived experiences.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.