Want to Join an Exciting team?
Reporting to: Manager
Location: Remote Working.
Length of Internship: Interns are required to commit to a minimum of 6 months for their internship.
Hours of work: Interns are required to commit to a minimum of 4 days per week.
The role is ideal for any individual who is passionate and wants to gain invaluable experience in working the international development and private sector. Interns are an invaluable part of our team and will play an active role ensuring that deliverables are made to clients as part of your day-to-day tasks. Being exposed to multiple different organisations, each with their own unique characteristics, will give the applicant a wide range of different experiences during their internship.
McAndrew Leadership is looking for Media and Communications interns who will be responsible for creating communications contents. They do everything from write press releases to develop blog content, design infographics and create social media posts. They are also tasked with tracking campaign analytics and maintaining digital media archives.
Responsibilities may include (but not limited to):
- Design, develop, write and edit marketing and communications materials, including press releases, blog posts and social media content
- Promote communications and marketing materials through appropriate social channels
- Track analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns
- Ensure that all communications and marketing material aligns with brand standards
- Maintain digital media archives including photos and videos
- Work with communications team members to conceptualize and implement communications strategies and campaigns
- Respond to media inquiries and perform media outreach to achieve brand placement in publications
- Develop escalation protocols for managing communication crises, should they arise
- 1+ years prior experience in a communications or marketing role will be preferred
- Understand the best practices of main social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest as well as professional network e.g. Linkedin etc.
- Must possess exceptional writing skills and be able to compose engaging and accurate content
- Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team
- Superior time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator is an asset
- Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways to improve communication efforts
- Must be resourceful and take initiative even when given minimal direction
- Most importantly positive, passionate and with a pleasant attitude
· Flexible hours to give you freedom and increase productivity
· Work remotely in the comfort of your home
· Fun and Energetic weekly/monthly team bonding virtual events
McAndrew Leadership is a successful, exciting and fast-evolving consulting and training agency which focuses on the international development and private sector. For our clients, we specialise in areas of copywriting, institutional grant proposal writing, training and evaluation and monitoring of projects within the UK and overseas. We focus on all forms of for profit and non-profit organisations within the third sector working with local NGOs, international NGOs and foundations. Our client base has a global reach with organisations working in Africa, South Asia, South-East Asia, the Middle East and South-East Europe.