Medical Detection Dogs trains dogs to detect the odour of human disease. It is at the forefront of the research into the fight against cancer and helping people with life-threatening diseases.
Collection Box Coordinators - If you have very little spare time, but would still like to make a BIG difference to the charity, you could place collection boxes with local businesses.
Location: At home and in your local community
What does the role involve?
• Identifying potential collection box sites with local businesses such as vets, petrol stations, chemists, bakeries, newsagents, pubs, hairdressers, garden centres and pet shops
• Collecting boxes when they are full, leaving new boxes, counting and banking the money for Medical Detection Dogs
• Distributing literature and placing posters locally to you; your place of work, library, garden centre, coffee shops, schools, doctors, vets, surgeries
• Identifying suitable locations, arranging permission with the owners and delivering supplies of leaflets and posters
• Creating and updating lists of locations and send this regularly to head office
What skills or experience are required?
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Friendly, committed, honest
• Happy to chat to local business owners in your community
• Enthusiastic, organised and motivated
• Good IT skills
• You will need to contact your motor insurer to make them aware you are a volunteer for Medical Detection Dogs
Benefits for you
• Become a valued and integral part of Medical Detection Dogs
• Meet new people and have fun
• An opportunity to show your enthusiasm for volunteering
• An opportunity to take on a new challenge
• Enjoyable and rewarding
• An understanding of the different ways of working within Medical Detection Dogs
Support and Training
• Induction process
• Regular and ongoing support from Medical Detection Dogs and Regional Fundraisers
• Payment of out of pocket expenses
• Invitation to an awareness/speaker training day
• Shadowing and training opportunities and peer support from Regional Fundraisers and Regional Coordinator
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.