Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Medical Detection Dogs trains dogs to detect the odour of human disease. It is at the forefront of the research into the fight against cancer and helping people with life-threatening diseases.
Collection Box Coordinators - If you have very little spare time, but would still like to make a BIG difference to the charity, you could place collection boxes with local businesses.
Location: At home and in your local community
What does the role involve?
• Identifying potential collection box sites with local businesses such as vets, petrol stations, chemists, bakeries, newsagents, pubs, hairdressers, garden centres and pet shops
• Collecting boxes when they are full, leaving new boxes, counting and banking the money for Medical Detection Dogs
• Distributing literature and placing posters locally to you; your place of work, library, garden centre, coffee shops, schools, doctors, vets, surgeries
• Identifying suitable locations, arranging permission with the owners and delivering supplies of leaflets and posters
• Creating and updating lists of locations and send this regularly to head office
What skills or experience are required?
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Friendly, committed, honest
• Happy to chat to local business owners in your community
• Enthusiastic, organised and motivated
• Good IT skills
• You will need to contact your motor insurer to make them aware you are a volunteer for Medical Detection Dogs
Benefits for you
• Become a valued and integral part of Medical Detection Dogs
• Meet new people and have fun
• An opportunity to show your enthusiasm for volunteering
• An opportunity to take on a new challenge
• Enjoyable and rewarding
• An understanding of the different ways of working within Medical Detection Dogs
Support and Training
• Induction process
• Regular and ongoing support from Medical Detection Dogs and Regional Fundraisers
• Payment of out of pocket expenses
• Invitation to an awareness/speaker training day
• Shadowing and training opportunities and peer support from Regional Fundraisers and Regional Coordinator