We are a small but legally established non-profit organization with an intense and proven social work here in Peru, we invite you to participate and develop your professional skills in a project aimed at providing support and assistance to women and girls who come from migrant families in areas of the Peruvian Andes that have been affected by political violence and are suffering in the current social and economic situation. and gender marginalization.
The project is being developed in various populations of the Peruvian Andes in extreme poverty (see poverty map in Peru). The focus is on dysfunctional families that suffer from problems of sexism, domestic violence, alcoholism, among others that affect their physical and emotional health, as well as normal development and social, cultural and economic integration in today's society.
It is also important to bear in mind that most of these people have emotional or psychological consequences that unfortunately were inherited from the last internal war that Peru suffered in the 1980s and 1990s and today in certain rural areas.
We intervene directly in these areas and communities, with a holistic approach and carrying out direct social work. We offer talks, workshops and direct visits (psychology, organization, emotional support and more), as well as activities related to economic education, promoting the organization of groups and mutual support so that they can face their difficult situation.
We are a social project that promotes an alternative form of non-commercial volunteering, which operates with a flat structure and works directly with the communities to promote their self-development. Our projects are carried out in the same communities and towns, with our own hands and resources, without intermediaries.
What we offer
- Personalized advice from an advisor with professional training and experience in social, human rights and cultural issues and processes.
- Work and join a team with humane treatment and quite united
- a monthly stipend .
- certificate issued by a legal non-profit organization
- Improve your level of Spanish theoretically and above all practice.
- many courses and exchange of experiences in: Peruvian foods, desserts, crafts, stories, Latin and native dances among others
- On weekends, non-commercial excursions to many places such as Andean mountains and lakes, artisan villages, pre-Inca ruins, waterfalls in jungle areas and other places of interest.
- (optional) experience mysticism, Inka / Andean holistic healing, awareness and emotional balance based on Andean culture.
- Detailed information about the various Andean and Inca cultures, their history, music, folklore and worldview, travel and geography of Peru.
- minimum age: 21 years
- It is very important to have the ability and patience to deal with young girls (5-9 years old) and women of all ages.
- It would be ideal to possess skills or interests related to yoga, fitness, holistic energy health, and related spiritual philosophies.
- Has an open, adaptable and positive mindset.
- energy and able to accept challenges
- have the ability to work with young and adult women
- Ability to integrate and work in a multicultural team.
- Basic level of Spanish (optional)
Our organization is led by people with motivation, training and extensive experience in humanitarian and social areas, our work has more than 9 years of intense social work, this gives us the necessary experience and offers a genuine job, where you can develop your skills. , professional experience and achieve a rewarding form of personal growth, their skills are integrated as part of a team, we are not improvised in this matter, our social work is direct in areas where there is a great need for help for people in situations of extreme poverty (mainly focused on the Andes of Peru) and where the true culture of Peru still survives. Andean culture, cradle of the Inca civilization.
We also combine this with an intense and fun experience of cultural exchange, excursions and non-commercial expeditions to many interesting places in the mountains / jungle, practical courses: from languages or native culture to food, dances, desserts, drinks based on native plants , Andean worldview and culture etc.
If you are one of the people who want to do a real and rewarding job in places where you can still see the living Inca-Andean culture far from traditional tourism circuits and experience the true native culture in many of its interesting facets.