Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
The Moroccan Children’s Trust (MCT) is a small UK-registered charity, with a board of directors drawn from the UK and Morocco. Our vision is to create a safe and fulfilling environment in which vulnerable children are able to thrive and grow; a Morocco in which children and families living in poverty or disadvantage can count on effective and appropriate support to help them realise their potential.
To achieve this we will continue work in four key areas at the local level: social work with vulnerable children and their families; development of child protection systems throughout the region, supporting the improvement of the national birth registration system.and developing and advocating a pilot foster care system in Morocco
Alongside our direct work with disadvantaged children and their families in Taroudannt, we are working to improve conditions for children in the wider community and across Morocco – drawing on both Moroccan and international expertise in social work, paediatrics, education, safeguarding and children’s rights, our work continues to play an important role in shaping Morocco’s newly established child protection system.
1. Research & Grants
• Support the writing, editing and submitting of grants for MCT/FAPE
• Support in-country fundraising, working closely with the FAPE team
• Contact local donors, in partnership with the MCT Development Officer
• Work with the Development Officer to prepare proposals / projects
2. Strategy, Policies, and Procedures
• Collaborate with the FAPE President and Centre Director on research and strategy
• development for the benefit of children, foster families and families of origins
• Support the development and evaluation of policies and procedures, making use of
• research into best practice
3. Social Work, and Monitoring/Evaluation
• Support the centre director to develop and improve the existing framework for professional development for the social work team
• Support the delivery of ongoing professional development training for the social workers
• Attend the weekly team meeting at Centre Amane
• Support the ongoing implementation of the social work monitoring and evaluation framework, and work on further improving this framework, so that social work data collection can most effectively support the wider objectives of the organisation
• Support the ongoing delivery and improvement of monitoring and evaluation of the Fostering Programme, in partnership with the MCT Fostering Lead
• Ensure that M&E data from across MCT/FAPE programmes is efficiently, accurately, and regularly collected, and relayed to the MCT and FAPE boards of directors, through periodic written evaluations
• Work with the MCT Development Officer to develop briefing documents and policy outlines to help develop MCT’s work on improving child protection systems at a local and national level
• Liaise regularly with the FAPE directors, as well as professionals based in the local court systems, police, education department and civil service, to help ensure good partnership working between MCT/FAPE and other local organisations
4. Communication and Administration
• Regularly update MCT and FAPE’s website and social media channels, in partnership with MCT Programme Officer
• Provide quarterly updates to the MCT board on the work at Centre Amane
• English speaker
• French speaker
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Good organizational skills
• Able to use initiative and take on responsibility
• Team player
• Strong interest in social justice
• Experience of working with children and young people
• Drive, commitment and a positive attitude
• Bachelors degree or diploma in a related field
• Arabic speaker (any dialect)
• Experience/knowledge of North African, Arab, and/or Islamic culture
• Administrative and reporting skills
• Grant writing experience
• NGO or volunteering experience