Mothers for Mothers is a maternal mental health and wellbeing charity, giving advice and information to women, birthing people and their families in Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire. As mothers who have lived experience of depression, anxiety and isolation during pregnancy or after the birth our one or more of our babies, we understand how hard early parenthood can feel and how difficult it can be to ask for help. We are looking for our next Treasurer to support the charity, by leading with financial management and governance, alongside other matters as part of the Board of Trustees.
- Attendance and participation in six ordinary management committee meetings a year.
- Attendance and participation at the annual general meeting.
- Read agendas and other documents in preparation for meetings, with the aim to actively participate in discussions and make joint decisions.
- Ensure that Mothers for Mothers remains financially viable and that all funds are used in accordance with its charitable aims.
- Lead in strategic financial matters within the charity, including sign off of payments, being a primary contact with the bank, researching about finance matters and contracts, and other financial duties as appropriate.
- Lead on the annual Treasurers reporting and management account reporting each year. Liaise with the CEO and Finance Coodinator to prepare the annual management accounts and budget.
- Ensure that Mothers for Mothers operates within the law and in accordance with its charitable aims as set out in its governing documents.
- Participate in reviewing and monitoring the progress of the charity.
- Assist in the annual review and development of policies.
- Lead on Finance Sub-Committee meetings (2 per year) and updating the board as needed.
- Professional finance experience and understanding of financial processes and policies.
What difference will you make?
As part of the board, you will support and shape the work of the charity as well as it's strategic direction, and your role as Treasurer will also support to shape financial decisions. The role of Treasurer is very important, not only to keep us on track financially, but more importantly to help formulate vision for the future, and futureproofing the charity. Alongside these duties, you will play an active part on steering a charity that supports the mental health of women and birthing people, and their families.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.