Are you keen to spend some time Making a Difference in 2020?
If you answered yes, we need you @ NIAS.
Apply today for the post of Admin Assistant at the National Institute for African Studies.
Join our small and enterprising team at our SW19 London offices, You will be helping with the management of staff, events and members relationships, including our trusts and corporate donor relationships.
NIAS is committed to finding solutions for Sustainable Livelihoods and providing a Platform for Change Makers to test their ideas for positive change in society.
Volunteer Administrative Assistant ( 2 x vacancies)
This post will be based at our SW19 London Offices.
You will be assisting the Manager with fundraising/events administration tasks, research and follow up with our corporate and trust funders.
1. Fundraising/Events administration work:
- Carry out donor research and maintain a database of prospects
- Compile case studies and project summary statements
- General events organisation and follow up tasks
- Maintain accurate email and contact database
2. General administration work:
- Handle telephone enquiries and direct to the appropriate departments
- Provide prospective supporters with accurate information about programmes
- Print, produce and bind the documents
- Processing and sending out regular email bulletins
- Updating website, newsletter and leaflets
- HR administration and Book Keepting related tasks
3. Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent customer services skills
- Previous office work and good organisational skills
- Internet and web research skills would be desirable
- Ability to plan and organise workload with minimum supervision
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- An eye for detail and ability to proof read documents
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- Travel expenses Reimbursed
- Personal Training and Development Plan Support
- Flexible Hours
LOCATION AND HOURS
5 - 20 hours a week, You will be based at our offices at Wimbledon Station
NIAS will cover travel expenses daily
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.