Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Join our big PUSH towards ramping up our impacts for the second half of 2019!
The successful candidate will be a vital member of the NIAS team. You will help to prepare and deliver policy and research projects, write blogs, contribute to making fundraising cases, and engage in collaboration with partner researchers/institutions.
You will also contribute to the editorial administration of NIAS journals and blogs by assisting with the identification and recruitment of writers, editorial board members, conducting initial review of submissions to ensure quality of published contents, providing support for authors and publishers. The post will require you to engage in collaboration with partner researchers/institutions in the UK and Africa.
NIAS is committed to finding solutions for Sustainable Livelihoods and providing a Platform for Change Makers to test their ideas for positive change in society.
· Excellent writing, communication and editing skills
· Some experience of policy campaign/advocacy
· Ability to understand, analyse and interpret complex information
· Organised and able to conduct independent research, collate material from multiple sources and produce content within tight deadlines.
· Experience of collaborative working with other researchers/organisations
· Some understanding of relevant software and or research tools
· Some experience of content marketing and social media engagement
· Ability to multi task and work within tight deadlines
Potential Volunteer Tasks:
• Enthusiastic & Hardworking
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A commitment to social inclusion
• Ability to work in a team, as well as independently.
• Adherence to copyright and other legal requirements
• Accuracy and attention to detail
Location and hours
5 - 15 hours a week, You can be based partly at home.
· Travel Expenses Reimbursed
· Flexible Hours
· Training and Career Development Plan Support
· References/Recommendation for paid research & related roles
NIAS will cover travel expenses daily