We are looking for dedicated, enthusiastic and empathetic volunteers to respond to emails from victims of stalking. Full training will be given so previous experience in these areas is not mandatory.
- Excellent writing skills
- Be able to commit to one day a week (around 6 hours) for at least 9 months
- Be able to attend the Helpline training dates
- Familiarity with databases is desirable
The Helpline’s opening hours are:
Monday – Friday 09:30 – 16:00 except Wednesdays when we are open 13:00 – 16:00.
What support/training will you receive?
Volunteers will receive training in providing support via email, criminal and civil legislation relating to harassment and stalking, domestic violence, stalker typologies, personal safety and helpline policies and procedures. Volunteers will work alongside a Helpline Advisor every shift for support and debriefing purposes, and will have regular 1-1's for support.
What will you get in return?
- Comprehensive training in issues surrounding stalking and harassment.
- Making a difference by playing an active role in supporting people affected by stalking and harassment.
- An opportunity to learn and develop valuable transferable skills.
- Gain valuable experience in the charity sector.
- Become part of a fast-growing and respected service
- Expenses will be reimbursed in line with Helpline policy.
Where are we?
We are based in Central London (due to the sensitive nature of the work we do, the location is only revealed once an applicant is successful).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.