Growing Support Volunteer
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Are you happy to get stuck in with loads of enthusiasm? Fundraisers here at Ickworth are a diverse bunch and through talks, 2nd hand books, internal events and much more we help towards the conservation of this special place
This role will suit you if you are:
- Someone who enjoys talking to members of the public and can engage in a meaningful conversation.
- Comfortable lone working at times, as well as working in a team.
- Up for a challenge and like to reach a target.
- A person that enjoys giving excellent service.
- Happy to volunteer on your own. However, someone will always be available to support.
- Confident building new relationships with people.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Helping grow awareness and support for local & national fundraising
- Understanding different needs and interests of people and inspiring them to give in a way that is right for them.
- Supporting in our bookshop by manning the space, rotating stock, tidying and pricing books while always providing a friendly and welcoming approach.
- Attending regular meetings and suggesting fundraising ideas/feedback so we can fulfil our fundraising plan.
- Using your particular skills in creative ways to raise funds
- Answering questions people may have about the National Trust and being able to explain where donations go and impact they make.
- Ensuring we follow fundraising guidance, regulations and best practice
- Supporting big fundraising campaigns or projects.
- Being part of a team that may need to adapt and change in response to local needs, National Trust priorities or changes to government guidelines
By getting involved you could:
- Be part of a passionate team, working closely with staff across departments raising vital funds to protect Ickworth.
- Be making a direct impact in our fundraising spaces, such as bookshop or through programming.
- Help bring the work of the National Trust to life and inspire others to get involved
- Increase your fundraising skills and experience of different ways to fundraise
You’d also be joining Europe’s largest conservation charity and the wider National Trust team proudly looking after 780 miles of coastline, over 250,000 hectares of land, over 500 historic houses, castles, ancient monuments, gardens, parks and nature reserves (including lighthouses, villages, pubs and a gold mine!). We are a unique charity welcoming millions of people each year and with a vision to open up places for the benefit of everyone, for ever.
All National Trust volunteers will be asked to
- Respect and uphold the National Trust values whilst volunteering with us.
- Complete training required of all NT volunteers and any role specific training
- Adhere to relevant policies and processes including safeguarding, health and safety, and equality and diversity.
We want all our volunteers to feel welcome and to have an equally positive experience when volunteering with us. So, volunteers will:
- Be provided with the necessary induction, training, equipment and reasonable adjustments to do this role well and safely
- Be offered expenses to cover agreed travel costs between home and place of volunteering.
- Have remote access to support, news and rotas via our volunteer website
Skills acquired: Advice & Guidance, Communication Skills, Community Development, Customer Service, Decision Making, E-commerce, Event Support, Fundraising, General Administration, Interpersonal Skills, Inventory Management, Market Research, Marketing & Communications, Merchandising, Public Relations, Public Speaking, Retail, Sales Process, Stock / Inventory Management, Teamwork
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.