Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
Roll out the red carpet! We need to give a warm welcome, and the important information visitors will need to get the most out of their day. Visitor Welcome Volunteers are multi-tasking superstars who can brighten up even the rainiest day!
• Providing a warm, friendly welcome to all visitors as the public face of Knole and the National Trust as a charity.
• Meeting, greeting and orientating visitors to various points around the property, including the showrooms and café.
• Developing a good knowledge of Knole and what it is has to offer so that all visitors receive accurate and relevant information to enhance their visit. You do not need to come with any special knowledge about Knole but we want you to be confident in your role so you will receive full training and will be fully supported as you learn the job.
• Welcoming visitors to the Gatehouse Tower. You will check tickets, monitor visitor numbers and manage queues.
• Saying goodbye to our visitors and providing them with information on events and activities that encourage them to return.
• Becoming familiar with and following the National Trust’s Health and Safety Policy at all times.
This role will suit you if you are...
• Have good interpersonal skills, enjoy meeting new people, and have a friendly and helpful nature.
• Are passionate about the National Trust and helping others to appreciate what Knole has to offer.
• Have good communication skills.
• Can work equally well independently or as part of a small team.
• Available for at least two days a month with at least one of those days being at a weekend.
• Enjoy working outdoors
By getting involved you could
• Become part of Knole's friendly and dedicated Welcome Team.
• Work outdoors (most of the time). So you will need to wear suitable practical clothing - including waterproofs at some times and a sun hat at others!
• Meet lots of different people and make new friends.
• Gain new experiences and skills.
• Enjoy new experiences and learn something new every day.
• Get personal satisfaction from using your interpersonal skills to make a real
difference to our visitors’ experience.
• Work in extraordinary and beautiful surroundings.
Knole has been a visitor attraction for centuries, but the last few years have seen Knole transformed. The ‘Inspired by Knole’ project, partially funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, has seen us protect and mend the fabric of the house; complete an extensive programme of conservation; open up new spaces to the public, such as the Conservation Studio and Gatehouse Tower; and provide improved visitor access and interpretation. All this means that we are getting more visitors and there is even more for them to find out so we need an enlarged team to welcome them.