This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in researching, supplying and working with other volunteers to create new preiod appropriate historic costumes at Anglesey Abbey in Cambridge.
• Create a costume collection for staff and volunteer engagers in the house
• Researching and using appropriate patterns for male and female clothing, knitwear or outerwear using provided fabrics and materials and creating them to period standards.
• Research clothing contemporary to the mid-20th century to inform staff costume choices.
• Lead an established group of volunteer costume makers to support costume making and mending for the future.
• Work to deadlines of historic season and house opening projects.
• Learn about the history of Anglesey Abbey.
• Care for and inventory the costume collection.