How to apply
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in researching, supplying and working with other volunteers to create new preiod appropriate historic costumes at Anglesey Abbey in Cambridge.
• Create a costume collection for staff and volunteer engagers in the house
• Researching and using appropriate patterns for male and female clothing, knitwear or outerwear using provided fabrics and materials and creating them to period standards.
• Research clothing contemporary to the mid-20th century to inform staff costume choices.
• Lead an established group of volunteer costume makers to support costume making and mending for the future.
• Work to deadlines of historic season and house opening projects.
• Learn about the history of Anglesey Abbey.
• Care for and inventory the costume collection.