Can you help us create an economy that works for people and planet?
The New Economics Foundation (NEF) researches, develops and campaigns for radical policy solutions that can transform the economy so that it works for people and planet. In response to the enormous economic, environment, health and equity challenges our society is facing, NEF is prioritising its work round three key missions:
- A New Social Settlement: ensuring we all have the basics for a decent quality of life.
- A Green New Deal: cutting carbon emissions, boosting nature and creating good jobs.
- Democratic Economy: giving us an equal stake in the places where we live and work.
New Trustees. As a national charity, our board of trustees are a critical part of our governance, as well as providing a breadth of skills, experience and knowledge that we can we draw on to help us reach our goals. In January we will have two vacancies on our Board as two of our longest serving trustees complete the maximum time they can serve. This is an excellent opportunity for those with the enthusiasm, commitment and insight in how to deliver real and much needed change.
As a NEF trustee you would collaborate effectively with our other Trustees and staff to ensure we are well governed, working to our charitable objectives and accountable to our stakeholders.
For this round of recruitment we are seeking new Board members with experience in:
- Financial management of a similar type of a charity or not for profit organisations, that is dependent on a range of different income streams
- Funding and fund-raising from a range of public, private and charitable sources
- Business engagement, relationship management and cross sector partnerships
We would welcome applicants who, in addition, bring relevant technical knowledge that will strengthen the Board’s overarching role in ensuring robust and effective delivery of our charitable objectives, particularly new economics.
You need not have served on a charity board before, but you may have transferable skills in governance at either organisational, programme or partnership level. NEF will support all new trustees to learn and thrive regardless of their background and experience.
For more information on the roles of Trustee and the type of person we are looking for, please download the Role Description and Person Specification from our website.
For more information about NEF and its work please look at our website.
- 1-2 days per month for Trustees
- The board meets 4 times a year and usually holds its meetings in London, with the option of joining remotely
- The board also has a number of sub-committees which meet regularly, with option of joining remotely (currently all meetings are online)
- Trustees serve a maximum of two terms of three years.
Deadline for applications: 30th December 2021
Exploratory Interviews: 13th & 14th January 2022
Final interviews: 24th & 28th January 2022
How to Apply
To apply, please provide the following:
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees.
- A supporting statement of no more than two sides of A4, explaining how you believe your skills and experience match the requirements of the role description and person specification.
- Completed Equality and Diversity monitoring form
Like most not-for-profit board roles, our trustees will be unremunerated.
If you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please visit our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.