The North Camden Zone is a platform organisation which provides infrastructure and support to organisations and citizens in North Camden to improve the outcomes for children and young people. We create a shared space to bring together organisations and citizens to learn, share ideas, collaborate and test new approaches in order to bring about change that works. The North Camden Zone was incubated and is currently hosted by the charity, the Winch. Ultimately the Winch Board of Trustees is legally responsible for the actions of the North Camden Zone.
Role Title:Chair of Steering Group
Commitment: 1-2 days per month
Term: 2 years
NORTH CAMDEN ZONE STEERING GROUP
The NCZ steering group is comprised of representatives of organisations and the community that are passionate and committed to improving the outcomes of children, using this collaborative approach.
ROLE OF THE STEERING GROUP
The steering group oversees and advises on the strategic direction of the North Camden Zone project. Through collective decision making is provides a pool of expertise, advice and support to North Camden Zone.
This is the first time that the role of the Chair has been externally advertised and appointed. The Chairing role has historically been done by the Winch CEO.
All travel and other reasonable expenses incurred whilst in the role of Chair will be remunerated.
- Chair the bi-monthly meetings of the North Camden Zone Steering Group
- Be an ambassador and connector and link North Camden Zone to its stakeholders including residents, public sector, the voluntary and community sector, businesses, funders, etc.
- To regularly meet with the Programme Director, North Camden Zone
- Support the North Camden Zone to achieve a shared and collective purpose
- Commitment to co-creating change to improve the life outcomes of children and young people
- To ensure that both the North Camden Zone staff, the Steering Group and the wider system are held to account for the outcomes that are delivered
- To ensure Steering Group renewal that represents the community and the organisations (recruitment, induction and retirement), effective decision making and information sharing processes, positive group dynamics, and reflection, learning and development as necessary.
- Live or work in Camden or have a strong professional or personal connection.
- Commitment to North Camden Zone’s, aims and values and to a role modelling a systems change approach
- Willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively Chair and lead a meeting, be inclusive, seek and hear diverse views, ensure everyone’s voice is heard and is able to make decisions
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible in approach
- Create and support a learning environment
- Good, independent judgement and the ability to think creatively in the context of North Camden Zone and the external environment.
- Willingness to work collectively and collaboratively as part of a group.
- Able to synthesise complexity
- Enabling and empowering to others
- To value the voices of those with lived experience
- Put aside individual or organisational interests to advocate for the bigger picture
- To challenge habits and assumptions
- Prior experience of Board/Senior Leadership or trustee work.
- Prior experience of being a Chair
- A wider involvement with the voluntary and community sector, public or private sector in Camden.
- Developing or leading a consortium of organisations
- Experience of leading social change or system change work
- Experience of successful fundraising and sustainability planning.
How to apply
To apply in confidence to become Chair of North Camden Zone, please forward your CV together with a supporting statement. Your statement should fully address the requirements for the role.
You should give the names, positions, organisations and telephone contact numbers of two referees, relevant to this role. References will only be taken up once your express permission has been granted.
Finally, please ensure that you have included mobile, work and home telephone numbers, as well as any dates when you will not be available or might have difficulty with the indicative timetable.
Successful candidates will be contacted to come to interview within a week of the closing date
- Closing date: Friday 23rd of February 2018
- Interviews TBC