HR Trustee Role Description
North Herts CVS are seeking to appoint a new trustee with a background in Human Resources and have set out below the main trustee responsibilities and specific responsibilities relating to this role.
A trustee has three main responsibilities:
1. Holding the organisation in trust and ensuring public confidence;
2. To determine the overall strategic direction of the organisation; and
3. To provide leadership.
The duties of our trustees are:
1) To ensure that the charity complies with its governing document, charity law, company law, and any other relevant legislation or regulations
2) To ensure that the charity pursues its charitable objects as defined in its governing document.
3) To ensure that the charity applies its resources exclusively in furtherance of its objects, i.e. the charity must not spend money on activities which are not included in its own objects, no matter how worthwhile or charitable those activities are.
4) To contribute actively to the board of trustees' role of giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets
5) To safeguard the good name and values of the charity.
6) To ensure the effective and efficient administration of the charity
7) To ensure the financial stability of the charity
8) To protect and manage the property of the charity and to ensure the proper investment of the charity's funds.
9) In addition to the above statutory duties of all trustees, each trustee should use any specific knowledge or experience he or she may have to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions. This will involve scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, and providing advice and guidance requested by the board on new initiatives or other issues relevant to the area of the charity's work in which the trustee has special expertise
10) Ability to volunteer in the community/ support our events several times each year.
HR Trustee Function:
1) To advise and support with key staff and trustee recruitment
2) To review the organisations governance standards and procedures and ensure they are fit for purpose and compliant with Charity Commission guidelines.
3) To support the strategic review of the organisation and ensure the organisation structure meets the on-going needs and challenges identified in the Business Plan
4) To advise and support on complex or challenging HR issues that may occur within the organisation from time to time.
5) To promote best practice standards in order to ensure NHCVS meets obligations as an employer and a service provider.
6) To lead the development of further trustee role descriptions as required
7) To support the Chair in any review of the function of the trustee board from time-to-time and ensure it remains compliant with Charity Commission guidelines.
N.B. Trustee meetings are held bi-monthly on the 3rd Thursday of the month in Stevenage from 16:00 - 18:00. Our AGM is always the last Friday in September.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.