NPH UK is expanding our board of trustees at an exciting time in our growth and development! We are looking for a skilled professional who is committed to our cause, preferably with experience in fundraising, particularly in the areas of major giving, corporates, trusts and foundations.
Overview of NPH's work globally and in the UK
NPH has been transforming the lives of vulnerable children and families in Latin America and the Caribbean since we were established in Mexico in 1954. We run residential care homes and family strengthening programmes for children in Bolivia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua and Peru. We provide each individual child with the support and resources they need to build a better future for themselves and their communities.
The children receive comprehensive education from pre-school to university or vocational qualifications, healthcare, nutritious food, spiritual formation, and, if needed, a loving and safe home. There are currently over 3,000 children and young people being cared for by NPH and another 2,500 children from low-income households and vulnerable communities attend NPH schools or receive other support across the nine countries.
NPH also offers out-reach services, particularly in the area of health, to members of the local communities where we operate. In Haiti, NPH operates St. Damien Paediatric Hospital, the only specialist paediatric hospital in the country, as well as outpatient facilities for children with disabilities.
NPH International is the overarching organisation which oversees strategy and funding, and provides professional services and support. There is also a network of 14 NPH charitable entities around the world that are dedicated to raising funds to enable the life-changing work in the nine countries to continue and benefit more children. NPH UK is one such entity that was established in 2017.
At NPH UK, we raise funds predominantly to support NPH programmes in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do this by organising fundraising events, obtaining donations from individuals and corporates and building the number of sponsors who support children in NPH’s care and in local communities. We are seeking to diversify our income streams by building partnerships with corporates, trusts and foundations, and increasing our numbers of major and regular donors, as well as providing volunteering experiences in NPH programmes in Latin America and the Caribbean.
NPH UK also has a partnership with The Childhood Trust that works to alleviate child poverty in London. We have provided grants to local charities that run projects for disadvantaged children and young people across the capital.
We are seeking individuals who can offer NPH UK at least two the following:
- Fundraising experience within the UK context in the area(s) of major giving, corporate, trusts and foundations
- A wide network of HNWI (high net worth individuals) with senior level professional experience and the willingness to help NPH UK to convert them and their networks into major donors and/or corporate donors
- A wide network of philanthropic foundations & institutions and the willingness to help NPH UK to convert them into major donors
- Previous experience as a trustee or senior employee of a UK charity and as such, knowledge of how to operate within the framework of the UK Charity Commission
- Willingness to act as a passionate ambassador of NPH UK and participate in events to represent and promote our work
- Experience in one of the following fields: marketing/communication, public relations, finance/administration
In return, NPH UK offers:
- The opportunity to contribute to a worthwhile cause that you care about
- The opportunity to develop a growing UK charity which is part of a well-established network that has improved the lives of over 20,000 children in its 66-year history
- The opportunity to learn new skills and develop professionally and personally
- Commitment to four board meetings per year, occasional operational meetings and efficient board correspondence by email
- Understanding, or commitment to acquire an understanding, of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trustees of a UK charity. Acceptance of these duties, responsibilities and liabilities, and a commitment to operate within them
- Good, independent judgement and the ability to operate at a strategic level and participate in decision-making
- Ability and willingness to work as a part of a team
- Ability to actively engage in fundraising, promotional and networking activities
- Commitment to expand NPH UK by identifying new partnership and fundraising opportunities
- Ability to provide guidance and advice to NPH UK using a specialised skillset
- Empathy with NPH's vision, mission and values
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.