Office Support Volunteer
The Community One Stop Shop exists to support the residents of West Edinburgh and to help alleviate the effects of poverty.
We worked with over 3000 people last year through our services which include Advice Provision, Foodbank and Employability Support.
We are looking for a friendly and enthusiastic volunteer to provide reception cover and undertake general administration tasks for our lovely team! We require your much appreciated help on a weekday that suits you and also when holiday cover is needed.
- Welcome visitors and clients
- Answering telephone calls and taking messages
- Managing correspondence
- Electronic diary management
- Arranging client appointments
- Involvement in preparation and circulation of newsletters
- Any other staff admin support when needed
- Ability to respect and maintain the confidentiality of people who use the service
- IT skills with good knowledge of MS Office
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly and welcoming
- Ability to work as part of a team in a challenging environment
Flexible on a suitable weekday between 9am and 3pm for a minimum of 3 hours per week and holiday cover when needed
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.