Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Making sure that as many people as possible know about Omega Care For Life and its work: supporting the lonely, isolated, sick and their carers. Omega’s work is challenging and one that we can’t achieve on our own. As an Omega Ambassador you will be helping us raise awareness of our work in your local community.
This might be the role for you if:
• You enjoy meeting people and are comfortable representing Omega in public.
• You are a confident public speaker for some roles.
• You are able to travel independently.
• You are enthusiastic and self-motivated.
• You associate strongly with Omega’s values and strategy.
What are the benefits for you:
• Experience of presenting to a wide range of people (for some roles).
• Confidence in talking to the general public.
• An understanding and awareness of Omega’s role and how loneliness, isolation, ill health and caring affect people.
• An opportunity to enhance your CV or learn new skills.
• An opportunity to engage with your local community.
What tasks can this role include (some or all of the following):
• Playing a role in increasing the ‘voice’ of Omega locally, by developing and delivering presentations or attending conferences, events and exhibitions to represent Omega.
• Signposting people to Omega’s services and support, by distributing and maintaining stocks of literature at GPs, health centres, gyms and other locations in your area.
• Attending cheque presentations on behalf of Omega.
• Supporting local Omega campaigns
• Representing Omega on external forums such as Healthwatch and patient/public involvement boards.
• Using social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter to share key awareness and prevention messages.
• Feeding back any potential opportunities for further fundraising, volunteer support, campaigning or other support that Omega can follow up on.
• Participating in website research
What support and training will be provided:
• The Omega Induction.
• Training on how to be a Omega Ambassador.
• Regular and ongoing support from Volunteer Support or another named member
• Ongoing training and support as the role requires.