Options 4 Change is looking for someone who can help the organisation with office administration and bookkeeping.
Options 4 Change is a charity working with families, children and young people who are often deprived, dis-empowered and disengaged. Lambeth is a very challenging area for children and young people to thrive in. Communities across the borough are affected by youth violence, gangs, school exclusions and numerous social welfare issues.
Our primary services are delivered by our advocates and caseworkers to tackle issues and needs involving: Education; Homelessness; Non-Advisory Immigration and Destitution support; Social Welfare and Wellbeing; and Personal development.
We are looking for an Administrator to join our small charity operating in South London.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in an office, develop your existing skills and learn new ones, supporting a charity that helps children and families in need.
We welcome applications from students in their final year of a related qualification.
Basic Accounting and Bookkeeping experience are desirable but not essential.
We're looking for an organised and enthusiastic volunteer who is diligent and able to work as part of a team. You must be able to use Microsoft Word and Excel. You will help us with:
- General admin such as filing, photocopying and managing our emails.
- Booking and organising events, meetings and activities for clients.
- Preparing information and documents using Microsoft Office with good attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- Collating statistics and managing staff expenses.
- Keeping records of the organisation’s finances.
- Managing the office diary.
- Acting as a first point of contact for visitors and telephone enquiries.
The role is for two days a week, either Tue/Wed/Thur/Fri 10 - 5pm and for a minimum of four months. Applicants must be able to provide references.
Travel and lunch expenses will be paid for.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.