We are looking for a positive and enthusiastic volunteer to assist in one of our supported living services for individuals with learning disabilities in Whitechapel. In total we have 15 people we support spread across 2 sites.
Valuable contribution from a volunteer will enable the people we support to be engaged in more social activities and participate in various events in the community. This will enable individuals to socialise and be increasingly involved in various projects, activities and events in the community. It will also enhance their mental stimulation and quality of life.
- The volunteer will research outdoor social activities, projects and events in the community.
- Organise and publicise social activities, events and projects that will be of benefit to the people we support.
- Work with the team around logistics and travel plans.
- Coordinate indoor activities, events and projects with the staff team and people we support.
- To complete activity logs for all activities, events and projects carried out.
- To creatively source activities and events that people we support will be interested in each week and encourage them to attend.
- Organise trips to London landmarks for people we support.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.