As a shift leader you will be the focal point for the smooth running of the shop in the manager’s absence. You will help to ensure that correct procedures are followed, in an effort to maximise sales. You will be joining a diverse, friendly and committed team who believe in Oxfam’s values and try to make a difference through a well run shop. You’ll be in charge of a small team and deal with any enquiries.
Ideally you will be able to offer to cover at least one 4-hour shift each fornight but we would welcome an application to cover more. Sunday is normally and a quiet day making it ideal to learn basic leadership skills.
- Ensure good teamwork and smooth running within the store in the manager’s absence (when fully trained).
- Maintain a basic overview of the health and safety of volunteers and customers during the shift.
Skills and Experience
- Reliability and ability to maximise store potential.
- Ability to work within shop guidelines.
- Ability to work well within a team and to be able to delegate tasks and responsibilities to a team effectively.
What does this role offer the volunteer?
- The opportunity to contribute to Oxfam’s goal of achieving a just world without poverty.
- Full training ongoing
- References provided to future employers
- The chance to gain valuable experience in retail
- The opportunity to gain and or improve your customer service, leadership, team working and management skills.
- Reasonable travel and lunch expenses will be covered in line with Oxfam’s policy.
For further information, please contact: Shop Manager