Here at Oxfam Edinburgh we're dedicated to fighting poverty and inequality. Oxfam is a global movement of millions of people who share the belief that, in a world rich in resources, poverty isn't inevitable. We respond fast in emergencies, work on long-term projects with communities and campaign for genuine, lasting change. Our volunteers, staff, and those we aim to influence are all guided by our values of empowerment, accountability, and inclusiveness.
We've developed a comprehensive training programme to give you all the skills and support you need to lead a team of up to 5 volunteers at a time. No experience is necessary, our only requirement is you are over 18 due to the nature of this opportunity. We value inclusiveness so have other exciting opportunities are available for those who are not yet 18.
We ask for 4 -8 hours per week. We can be very flexible around parenting / caring / health / employment / education and any other commitments you may have. Some travel and lunch expenses can be covered too so you won’t be out of pocket whist volunteering with us.
If you have a couple of hours to give to Oxfam, then we'd like to hear from you.
Supervisory training and experience can really improve your CV and career prospects.
You’ll learn all about:
- Opening & closing the shop
- Daily admin & accountancy tasks
- Monitoring performance & training the team
- Understanding sales figures &targets
- Honesty, reliability, and commitment
- Hard working and a willingness to learn
- Able to work well in a team
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- Significant supervisory experience and training to improve your CV
- You'll make a real difference within the shop
- Be part of a diverse. fun and energetic team
*Boost your confidence, skills, and CV by volunteering*
Tempted? Click Apply now and we'll get back to you soon!
Oxfam do not accept applications from anyone on the Sex Offenders list. We may inquire about unspent convictions relevant to the role and you may be required to submit to PVG/DBS check (at no expense to you).